Proudly partnering with:

What happens if my dog eats chocolate?

Eating chocolate can be dangerous for dogs click here for a link to the calculator.

Looking out for our furry mates is top priority here at Jordan Dog Training!

It might come as a surprise, but a cheeky nibble of chocolate can be more harmful to our dogs than many pet parents realise. Despite the well-known risks, it’s been found that some dog owners, even those aware of the dangers, might still slip their pups a little chocolate treat now and then.

Let’s set the record straight: chocolate is a no-go for dogs, full stop. It contains substances like theobromine and caffeine, which are not dog-friendly. To keep our four-legged friends safe and sound, it’s important to steer clear of giving them any chocolate.

Extra Tips for Keeping Your Dog Safe from Chocolate:

  • Keep it out of reach: Make sure all chocolate is stored securely where curious noses can’t find it.
  • Educate the family: Ensure everyone in the household knows the risks and keeps chocolate away from your dog.
  • Safe treats only: Stick to dog-safe treats that are healthy and designed specifically for them.
  • Know the signs: Be aware of symptoms of chocolate poisoning such as vomiting, diarrhoea, restlessness, and rapid breathing.

Worried your pooch has snuck a bite? We’ve got you covered with our Chocolate Toxicity Calculator. Click the link to check out any symptoms and get clued up fast. Remember, if in doubt, it’s always best to ring up your vet ASAP for peace of mind.

Click here for more information about this calculator