Raising a pup is a wonderful, but sometimes challenging, experience. Puppy Pre-School can help!
Jordan Dog Training puppy pre-school will answer all of your questions about your new addition to the family. We will give you the tools and information you need to raise a happy, healthy and well-behaved puppy.
Puppy training is a great opportunity to bond with your new puppy. You will learn how to establish boundaries whilst keeping them safe. It will also allow your puppy to get some early socialisation with other dogs and people in a safe and controlled environment supervised by one of our experienced instructors.
Designed for puppies from 8 to 18 weeks of age!
Jordan Dog Training’s puppy preschool program is specially designed for puppies from 8 to 18 weeks of age, we like them to finish puppy school by the time they turn 18 weeks of age, if they fall outside of this age please call us to discuss.
The Puppy training classes are a four week course that runs for one hour a week over the four weeks. (at the same location on the same day and time each week)
Once your puppy has had their first vaccination at 8 weeks of age, they are able to commence puppy classes with us. Our puppy training classes are held in a controlled, air conditioned environment inside a veterinary clinic. This ensures the safety of all the puppies attending the classes.
Did you know that some pet insurance policies pay benefits towards dog training? This does include our puppy pre-school course. Ask your pet insurance provider if this is included in your policy.
If you are in need of puppy training near you in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Sydney and other locations, look no further than Jordan Dog Training!
We offer puppy training at numerous locations across Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, and can recommend puppy schools and dog trainers in the Gold Coast and Toowoomba areas.
Puppy Pre-School Locations
- Albany Creek PetMania, Wednesday, 7:00pm – 8:00pm with trainer Justin
- Ascot Veterinary Surgery, Monday, 6:30pm – 7:30pm with trainer Justin
- Aspley Veterinary Surgery, Saturday, 3:00pm – 4:00pm with trainer Mia
- Boondall Veterinary Surgery, Thursday, 7:00pm – 8:00pm with trainer Mia
- Caboolture Allpets Animal Hospital, Sunday 2:00pm – 3:00pm with trainer Terri
- Kedron Veterinary Clinic, Sunday, 10:00am – 11:00am with trainer Mia
- Kedron Veterinary Clinic Sunday, 11:30am – 12:30pm with trainer Mia
- Kedron Anvet, Tuesday, 7:00pm – 8:00pm with trainer Justin
- Mitchelton Veterinary Practice, Saturday, 12:30pm – 1:30pm with trainer Mia
- Mitchelton Veterinary Practice, Saturday, 2:00pm – 3:00pm with trainer Mia
- North Lakes Veterinary Hospital, Thursday, 7:15pm – 8:15pm with trainer Justin
- North Lakes – The Hound Hutt, Sunday, 11:00am – 12:00pm with trainer Terri
- Samford Valley Veterinary Hospital, Thursday, 6:00pm – 7:00pm with trainer Susan
- Stafford – The Hound Hutt, Saturday, 1:00 -2:00pm with trainer Sarah
- Stafford – The Hound Hutt, Sunday, 10:00am – 11:00am with trainer Sarah
- Stafford – The Hound Hutt, Tuesday, 7.00pm – 8.00pm with trainer Mia
- Wilston Vet, Sunday, 9:00am – 10:00am
- Wilston Vet, Monday, 7:30pm – 8:30 pm
Puppy Training Course Outline
During our puppy training course, you will learn how to teach your puppy obedience skills. These include sit, drop, stay, name recognition, come when called and loose leash walking. We also provide tips and tricks to avoid common behaviour issues. Our puppy trainers specialise in: toilet training, chewing, problem barking, jumping up, pulling on lead and basic good manners.
Our Trainers are available to troubleshoot and answer any puppy or dog-related questions you may have. Just reach out to us by phone or email and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Puppy Pre-School Week 1
- Toilet training
- Playtime – socialisation
- Health and safety information
- Introducing basic commands
- Name recognition
- Reprimands & rewards
Puppy Pre-School Week 2
- Diets – feeding
- Attention seeking
- Drop / Down
- Walking on lead
Puppy Pre-School Week 3
- Stay command
Puppy Pre-School Week 4
- Health issues
- Future training
- Graduation & Certificate presentation
- Professional puppy photographs
What to bring to puppy training
- Your puppy!
- Vaccination certificate showing your puppy has had at least their first vaccination
- A suitable Lead for your puppy
- Collar (no check chains please)
- Yummy dog treats
- A familiar mat for your puppy to lie on
- Due to COVID-19 we can only accept one human per puppy