Dog obedience training helps to strengthen the bond and the communication with your dog, even in the face of distractions.
Young puppies and dogs benefit greatly from early exposure to different people and other animals.
It is both to your advantage and theirs to develop a harmonious and positive relationship, free from hostility or attachment issues.
Basic and advanced levels of training.
Teach your dog lead manners with loose lead walking.
Effectively manage and desensitise leash frustration and aggression.
Teach your dog to have a reliable recall (come exercise) with distractions around.
Learn to be calm and focussed with all types of distractions.
Learn how to mark and reward behaviours while training in a positive and harmonious way with your dog.
All of our obedience classes have a high concentration of experienced passionate and specialist instructors at each class to ensure you and your dog are getting the personalised attention you need.
As we all know training is for life so with our one fee for the life of your dog “Lifetime Membership” you aren’t just signing up for a once off short course, you are signing up for the life of your dog, you can come as often as you like to any of our many locations as many times a week as you like for the life of your dog, you are not just getting the foundations right but getting the dog right to the level you are happy with.
We believe that the time and patience involved in taking your dog to obedience classes will reward you with a gift that lasts a lifetime. The enduring connection and sense of loyalty that is unique to owners and their four-legged friends, therefore our Obedience Classes are a “One Fee for the life of your dog.” you can come back as many times a week as you like to any of our training locations for the life of your dog.
Designed for dogs from the age of 5 months, with no upper age limit
Not only will our obedience classes help to address current dog obedience issues, our trainers will also help you to teach long lasting balanced techniques for obedience now and in the future. We highly recommend group dog obedience training for any dogs needing some better manners, basic obedience, and socialisation around others.
Jordan Dog Training offers dog obedience classes in Brisbane for dogs from the age of 5 months, with no upper age limit. Dog obedience training is an essential part of any dog’s life. Our obedience training will help your dog develop manners and respect your commands no matter the environment. It is an invaluable investment that continues the socialisation experience for your dog and will assist you in maintaining the harmony in your relationship. Jordan Dog Training trainers also offer valuable tips and techniques to enable you teach obedience yourself at home. If your dog has specific behavioural problems, such as excessive barking or separation anxiety, we recommend a private in-home dog training session before the next step of undertaking group obedience training.
Dog obedience classes are a three week curriculum of one hour lessons, priced at $275 per dog/participant*, you can come back as often as you like to any of the venues as many times a week as you like for the rest of the dogs life, so a one-off fee for the life of your dog. They are are held in various locations around the Brisbane region. With Brisbane classes held in Ashgrove, Draper (Samford), Kedron, Rothwell, Caboolture, Holland Park, Sunnybank, Maleny and Caloundra, there is sure to be an obedience training session near you.
Our Brisbane team can also recommend obedience trainers in the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Toowoomba areas.
What is Obedience for Life?
When you enrol your dog into one of our Group Obedience courses, this includes Obedience for Life membership.
After the initial three-week course, your dog is welcome to return to unlimited additional classes at no additional cost – for the life of the dog at any of our training locations. That means your dog can keep coming back:
- until they are performing at the level that you want;
- when they reach adolescence or go through a naughty phase;
- any time for refresher training or to troubleshoot any obedience issues that arise.
Why do we offer this? Because obedience isn’t just sit, drop, stay, although it may feel like it sometimes. Obedience training is what helps you develop a harmonious and balanced relationship that allows you to do more with your dog every day.
Do you want:
- walks that are pleasant
- a Dog you can take anywhere
- take your dog to a friends place
- to go to dog-friendly cafes and beaches
- a dog that is responsive and eager to please
- less “NO!” and more “Yes!”
- more safety in emergencies
Training is an ongoing process, and your dog is always learning. Our Group Obedience course will teach you how to ensure your dog is learning the right things that will help to make every day with your dog a pleasure, not a chore.
Dog Obedience Training Locations
- Ashgrove, Saturday, 3:30pm – 4:30pm, St Johns Woods Scouts, 547 Wareworks Road, Ashgrove
- Caboolture, Sunday, 3:30pm – 4:30pm, Allpets Animal Hospital, cnr Bribie Island Road and Pastarage Road
- Kedron Saturday, 8:00am – 9:00am, Kedron Girl Guides, Bradbury Park, cnr Allan & Batten St’s Kedron
- Kedron Saturday, 9:30am – 10:30am Kedron Girl Guides, Bradbury Park, cnr Allan & Batten St’s Kedron
- Kedron Sunday, 10:00am – 11:00am Kedron Girl Guides, Bradbury Park, cnr Allan & Batten St’s Kedron
- Kedron Sunday, 11:30am – 12:30pm Kedron Girl Guides, Bradbury Park, cnr Allan & Batten St’s Kedron
- Maleny, Sunday, 9:00am – 10:00am
- Rothwell, Sunday, 9:00am – 10:00am
North Shore Pet Resort, 15 McGahey St, Rothwell QLD 4022
- Samford, Wednesday, 6:30pm – 7:30pm Samford Pet Resort, 64 Beresford Drive Draper
- SunnyBank, Saturday, 10:00am Sunnybank District Guides Hut, 121 Lister St, Sunnybank
- Sunnybank, Saturday, 10:00am -11:00am. Sunnybank District Guides Hut, 121 Lister St, Sunnybank
- Wynnum, Sunday, 8:00am – 9:00am, Wynumm Manly Scouts, 14 Bridge Street
- Holland Park, Saturday, 8:15am – 9:15am, Holland Park Girl Guides, 60 Arnold St, Holland Park
Dog Obedience Course Outline
Dog Obedience Training Week 1
- Focus exercise / Name recognition
- Sit Stay
- Correct body language for the Handler and the dog
- Left turn, Right turn, U-Turn
Dog Obedience Training Week 2
- Revision week 1
- Heel, walking past and around distractions
- Left about Turn and Right about Turn
- Meet and greet exercise
- Drop Stay
- Stay exercise with distractions / Door manners / Settle
- Recall / Come exercises
Dog Obedience Training Week 3
- Revision week 1 & 2
- Meet and greet exercise with added distractions
- Drop stay with distractions
- Automatic sit
- Recall / Come Exercise with Distractions
- Long Sit and Stay with distractions / Door manners
What to Bring to Obedience Training
- Your dog
- Enclosed shoes
- Collar/Training halter (no check chains please)
- Yummy treats/toy
- Vaccination certificate
- As Obedience classes are held outdoors we encourage everyone to be sunsafe with appropriate clothing and sunscreen