1.1 Cancellation and Postponement Policy24 hours notice is required for any postponement or cancellation of a booking to avoid a 50% cancellation fee. Upon rebooking, this fee will be deductible off the final invoice.
1.2 Weather PolicyIn the event of extreme weather (storm, rain, wind or extreme heat) it is the trainers’ discretion whether training will continue. The trainer will take into account the dogs’ wellbeing as the utmost priority, as extreme weather can cause dogs to be panicked, anxious, less focused or have the potential to get overheated and ill. We will advise you as soon as possible when a class needs to be rescheduled, and we will work with you to reschedule to an appropriate date.
1.3 Covered ShoesAll handlers are required to wear covered shoes during our training sessions. This is a workplace health and safety requirement. Handlers wearing inappropriate footwear may be excluded from training for their own safety. In any event, JDT or its trainers will not be liable for accident or injury resulting from inappropriate footwear.
1.4 Handling of dogs
- Dogs must be kept on lead at all times when arriving and leaving the premises and during class unless otherwise directed by the instructor.
- Do not allow your dog to approach another dog unless directed by an instructor. Not all dogs are comfortable being approached by a strange dog whilst restrained.
- Check chains are not permitted in our classes.
1.5 Sick or injured dogsIf your dog is sick or injured, please contact us as early as possible to reschedule your session and discuss your options. The safety of your dog is paramount to us.
1.6 Safety precautions
- If you bring children to training, you are responsible for their care and appropriate supervision. Care should be taken that children do not unnecessarily disrupt training. Do not allow children to approach dogs without first checking with the handler. Some dogs are not accustomed to children and may be uncertain of your child’s affection.
- Handlers must disclose to the trainer any danger or sensitivities their dog may present and any situations that may provoke aggression in their dog. Handlers are responsible for avoiding those situations.
- Where chairs are provided, these are rated to an Australian Standard of load bearing up to 160kg. Please advise the trainer in charge if alternate arrangements are required.
- Whilst in class, all handlers must adhere to any and all safety instructions and directions given to them by the trainer/s in charge.
1.7 Acceptance of RiskAttendance at dog training sessions may pose some risk to yourself, your family members or your dog. By your attendance, you understand and expressly assume the risk of any damage or injury (to yourself, your dog(s) and/or any minors attending a dog training session with you) incurred as a result of a dog training session conducted by or on behalf of Jordan Dog Training.
1.8 AmendmentsJordan Dog Training reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Customers are encouraged to review the terms and conditions on a periodic basis for modifications.
2. Puppy Preschool
2.1 What to bring?
- Your puppy
- Collar and lead
- Yummy treats
- Vaccination certificate
- Note: check chains are not permitted.