1.1 Cancellation and Postponement Policy
Cancellations within 48 hours before course commencement are non-refundable. This includes cancellation by us if your dog does not meet the age requirements for puppy school which are clearly set out. Our courses have limited spaces and are in high demand, so this is necessary to reduce the burden of late cancellations.
1.2 Weather Policy
In the event of extreme weather (storm, rain, wind or extreme heat) it is the trainers’ discretion whether training will continue. The trainer will take into account the dogs’ wellbeing as the utmost priority, as extreme weather can cause dogs to be panicked, anxious, less focused or have the potential to get overheated and ill. We will advise you as soon as possible when a class needs to be rescheduled, and we will work with you to reschedule to an appropriate date.
1.3 Covered Shoes
All handlers are required to wear covered shoes during our training sessions. This is a workplace health and safety requirement. Handlers wearing inappropriate footwear may be excluded from training for their own safety. In any event, JDT or its trainers will not be liable for accident or injury resulting from inappropriate footwear.
1.4 Handling of dogs
- Children under 14 years of age are not permitted to handle dogs at obedience or puppy classes due to insurance restrictions stipulated by our insurance company, this also includes bringing the dog into the venue for puppy school or the grounds of the obedience classes before or after class.
- Dogs must be kept on lead at all times when arriving and leaving the premises and during class unless otherwise directed by the instructor.
- Do not allow your dog to approach another dog unless directed by an instructor. Not all dogs are comfortable being approached by a strange dog whilst restrained.
- Check chains, pinch collars or e-collars are not permitted in our classes.
1.5 Sick or injured dogs
If your dog is sick or injured, please contact us as early as possible to reschedule your session and discuss your options. The safety of your dog is paramount to us.
1.6 Safety precautions
- If you bring children to training, you are responsible for their care and appropriate supervision. Care should be taken that children do not unnecessarily disrupt training. Do not allow children to approach dogs without first checking with the handler. Some dogs are not accustomed to children and may be uncertain of your child’s affection.
- Handlers must disclose to the trainer any danger or sensitivities their dog may present and any situations that may provoke aggression in their dog. Handlers are responsible for avoiding those situations.
- Where chairs are provided, these are rated to an Australian Standard of load bearing up to 120kg. Please advise the trainer in charge if alternate arrangements are required.
- Whilst in class, all handlers must adhere to any and all safety instructions and directions given to them by the trainer/s in charge.
1.7 Acceptance of Risk
Attendance at dog training sessions may pose some risk to yourself, your family members or your dog. By your attendance, you understand and expressly assume the risk of any damage or injury (to yourself, your dog(s) and/or any minors attending a dog training session with you) incurred as a result of a dog training session conducted by or on behalf of Jordan Dog Training.
Jordan Dog Training reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Customers are encouraged to review the terms and conditions on a periodic basis for modifications.
2. Puppy Preschool
2.1 What to bring?
- Your puppy
- Collar and lead
- Yummy treats
- Vaccination certificate
- Note: check chains are not permitted.
- Children under fourteen years of age due to restrictions stipulated by our insurance company are not permitted to handle the puppies or dogs at either puppy school or obedience classes, this includes bringing the dog into the venue or on to the obedience class training field before or after class.
2.2 Who can attend?
Puppy preschool is for puppies from 8 to 18 weeks of age. This is a key age for social development and it is important that puppies are exposed to a variety of people and other dogs in this time.
This is also an age where puppies can go through some trying behaviours. Puppy preschool aims to equip you with the best tools to help your puppy grow into a happy, well-behaved and beloved family member and to answer any questions you might have. We know that puppy training requires consistency; therefore we welcome the entire family to come along to puppy preschools. Should you have more than one puppy, you must bring a responsible handler for each puppy.
2.3 Vaccination and illness
All puppies must have had at least their first vaccination. Due to the age of the puppies attending preschool, they will be at varying stages in their puppy vaccination schedule. Proof of vaccination must be provided at the beginning of the course for each puppy in attendance.
Whilst the immunity of the puppies will be lower than that of an adult dog, our preschools are held in safe and aseptic environments where the risk is greatly reduced. We do all we can to provide a safe environment for puppies in which to learn, and any puppy exhibiting signs of illness will be removed from class for their own safety and that of the other puppies.
2.4 Class Fees
Puppy preschool is a set four-week curriculum. Full payment for the course must be made at the commencement of the week 1 class. Puppy classes are not transferable. In the case of multiple puppies attending from the same family, the applicable fee is per puppy.
2.5 Graduation Certificates
All puppies graduating from puppy preschool will receive a laminated puppy preschool graduation certificate.
3. Group Obedience Training
3.1 Lifetime offer for obedience classes
All dogs who attend obedience classes are entitled to return to unlimited additional classes at any of our venues at no additional cost for the life of the dog.
Clients are requested to contact the relevant trainer via SMS 48 hours prior to attending additional classes to ensure there is enough space and enough staff to cover the trainer-to-dog ratio. Unlimited offer is subject to venue and time change, and is at trainer discretion if numbers or venues are unsuitable. To book a class visit the returning clients page to view trainers and locations
Given the age requirements of our dog obedience classes (5 months+), it is expected that all dogs who attend obedience classes are fully vaccinated upon sign up. Should an owner fail to do this and a dog falls ill after attending class, this is in no way a responsibility of Jordan Dog Training, including the individual trainers managing the class.
3.3 Suitability for Group Training
Some dogs may not be suitable for our group training sessions. If your dog has behavioural issues, a private behavioural consultation would be more beneficial. Please discuss this with Jordan Dog Training prior to commencement of the course if you think this may be the case.
If your dog shows signs of distress, aggression or any other concerning behaviours during group training sessions, we reserve the right to cancel your enrolment and refund or transfer your remaining fees towards a behavioural consultation. This will be discussed with you, and the wellbeing of your dog will be the paramount consideration.
3.4 Venue Location
The location of the venue may be subject to change. We endeavour to make known all venue changes in plenty of time and offer alternatives. Should a venue location change you may re-book at one of our other Jordan Dog Training venues around the Brisbane area.
4. Online Store Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our online store Terms and conditions for any Goods/ Products / Treats returns or refunds.