Now Introducing: Fur Aid Training Courses
We all want the best for our pets and would do just about anything to make sure they can live a happy and trouble-free life. Unfortunately, most pet owners will experience at some stage in their pet’s life, the need for first aid and immediate emergency care, which can sometimes be inaccessible, unavailable or not immediate enough.
That’s why the team here at Jordan Dog Training are proudly announcing our First Aid Course for Pet Owners; to ensure pet owners are well equipped with the skills they need to take care of their pets when medical assistance is required.
Created by Tabatha Whitehead, this First Aid Course is designed to provide theoretical pet first aid knowledge and essential skills to save your pet’s life. This First Aid Pet Course is not limited to dog first aid, as it is designed to provide general knowledge for pets of all types.
This course is designed to cover
- Basic first aid training for pets
- Recognising stings and envenomation/ snake bite first aid
- Pet and Dog CPR
- Identification of ticks/ tick removal
- Pet first aid for wounds, grazes, cuts and punctures
- Responding to ingestion of poisons or toxins
- Identifying abnormal behaviours and symptoms in your pet
- Responding to impact injuries such as a fall and car accidents
- How to safely clip and trim your pets nails
- How to react when you pet is choking
- First aid for heat stroke or pet dehydration
About the course
- Includes a pet first aid kit, consumables and some printed materials (all included in price)
- Held at Stafford and North Lakes locations
- Courses will be held each month, starting October
- Course duration is 3 hours
- No need to bring your pet along (even though we love your pets)
This course, for a limited time only, will be provided at a cost of $200 per person. The cost of this course will be adjusted to the full course cost in 2019.
Register your interest
Please note that this pet first aid training is not designed to be a replacement of veterinary treatment.